Copyright © 2017 Classy-Kids-Consignment. All Rights Reserved.
Consigning is a great way for you to recoup the costs of having kids. If you have gently used maternity clothes, children’s clothes in sizes ranging from birth to 18/20, toys, children’s furniture and accessories, then gather them up, bring them to Classy Kids Consignment’s seasonal sales, and earn some money!
Process for Becoming a Consignor
2. Order Your Tagging Gun
3. Review Tagging Guidelines
5. Gather & Prepare Items
1. Request a consignor number
- You will need this to access the tagging program and track your items.
- There is a $10 participation fee per sale. Volunteer and the fee is waived.
2. Order your Tagging Gun and gather your tagging supplies:
For your tags, you will need the following supplies:
- Tagging gun and tagging barbs
- Card stock (light colors only) with a weight of at least 65 lbs
- IMPORTANT NOTE—We DO NOT accept clothes that have been tagged with safety pins. Safety pins are unsafe and do not secure your tag to the item. To help serve you better, we sell tagging guns and barbs. Don't wait, order yours now and see how easy and fast they are to use. We purchase tagging guns in bulk and pass the savings on to you. The price of $22.50 includes the gun and 500 barbs, and includes direct shipping to your home.
The benefits of using a Tagging gun.
- Much faster then safety pins. - More economical the safety pins. - Secures you tags to the items. - Prevents tag switching.
3. Review Tagging Guidelines.
- Each item must have its own tag unless you are selling multiple pieces/items together as a set.
- Example: 3 pairs of white sandals - even if they are identical to each other, each pair must have an individual entry/tag in the tagging program as each tag has its own unique number and can only be scanned at the register ONE time.
- Example: 3 books to be sold as a set - Make one entry/tag that lists all 3 books and that they are being sold together as a set.
- Tags must be printed on LIGHT COLORED cover stock or card stock 65 lbs. or more in weight. This can be purchased at any office supply or teacher store. Do NOT use plain printer paper or copy paper.
- All tags should be attached on the front of the item (onto the inside size tag or a seam). Please do not tag on the sleeve. Be careful not to damage the fabric!!!!
- If you have any further questions that are not covered by the Consignors Information Packet or the Video, click on the HELP button on the inventory page.
- You must read the Consignor Information Packet carefully. It contains VERY IMPORTANT guidelines and instructions.
- Watch the video to see the proper way to attach your tags.
- Hints for finding hangers and tips for pricing/selling your items can be found in the consignors info packet.
5. Gather & Prepare Items
- Gather your items, inspect them, clean them, and hang any clothing that you plan to sell.
- Items must be clean and in great condition.
- All electronics must have working batteries.
6. Start Tagging
- Enter your items then print and attach tags.
- Deadline for tagging is Wednesday, the first day of receiving.
7. Select a drop off time and bring your items to the sale location during the designated times for receiving. Select one 15 minute slot per 100 items.
- We inspect each item that comes in for consignment to be sure that it is up to our sales standards.
- Next you take all accepted items and place them on the sales floor.
That is it! We handle the rest! Each evening during the sale the inventory is updated and you can see which items have sold.
The best part—you will be paid in 1 week (if you select PayPal) or 2 weeks if you choose to be paid with a check.
Reasons to be a
Classy Kids Consignor:
- The community of Prince William County & Northern Virginia have supported and raved about our sale from year to year.
- Voted “Best Consignment Sale in Northern VA” Spring 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015. Voted "Best Consignment in PWC" in 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017.
- Successful and continually growing sales since 2005.
- Prince William County's largest and best organized sale..
- Multiple sales events located in Manassas & events are widely marketed and advertised.
- All clothing brand names are accepted.
- Low minimum price so books and clothing do not need to be bundled.
- We are continually working with our consigners, clients, and advertisers to make your experience easy and profitable.
- Sales events are very organized and easy to shop.
Have a question? Check the FAQ section!