How to prepare to shop at Classy Kids Consignment sale.by Mona Tisler on 09/28/11
Consignment shopping for kids, baby and maternity items can save you a ton of money! You could save up to 90% off the retail price! Why would you pay $230 for an Eddie Bauer travel system which includes the stroller and infant carrier when you get the same thing at Classy Kids Consignment for under $100??!
If this is your first time shopping with Classy Kids Consignment or your tenth time it is always good to be prepared to shop a sale.
- Go through the kids closets and dressers to see what they need. Try be detailed in your notes. i.e. Joey needs 3 short sleeve shirts red/black/blue size 3T
- Write down the kids measurements and shoe sizes and bring a tape measure when you shop.
- If Joey is a size 2T shop ahead in the 3T section. Bigger is better.
- Brands are important! Do you homework on brand names. There is a difference between Carters, Gap, Gymboree, Hanna Andersson, etc. Sizing, quality and durability can be different between brands and that affects the price.
- Bring your phone with web access. If you don't know what a good price is on a Little Tikes climber you can look it up on your phone.
- We inspect each item that comes in for consignment but imperfections can be missed. Look over your items carefully before purchasing.
- Shop non clothing items first. Strollers, climbers, baby equipment, etc.. sell fast!
- Bring a basket or cart on wheels to make shopping easier.
- Shop without the kids.
- Set a budget.
- We accept cash, Visa and Mastercard (don't forget your ID).
- Do not bring strollers with baskets!